I always wanted to live and work in Las Vegas. I grew up in a small town in northern Nevada and was always drawn to the lights of the Strip. If I had to work in any other city, it would probably be New York. I really love that city.
I started off as George Maloof’s assistant, and I handled all of our biggest VIPs and events. I became the “go to” guy for anything involving VIPs and events and began to develop a team of great event planners. I oversee all the financial aspects of the business now. That can be stressful because I put a lot of pressure on myself to constantly drive more revenues and higher profit margins.
I can’t say I personally threw the event but I was heavily involved with the MTV VMAs at the Palms. It was the greatest experience, as the entire property was the scene of the party. Timberlake performed in the Hardwood Suite, with Chris Brown, Britney Spears and others in the Pearl, Linkin Park in Rain, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, and Fall Out Boy in the Fantasy Suites, and Kanye in the Hef Villa!
The main thing that goes into planning a bachelorette party is a lot of listening and understanding your client’s needs. I have to do a lot of thinking on the fly as schedules change constantly when people get to Vegas. There’s a lot of attention to detail. I ask questions like: What does the bride to be like to do? Favorite music? Favorite foods? How was she proposed to? Who’s participating in the bachelorette party?
My biggest advice to the bachelorette party is to just enjoy the party. Our staff will take care of you. It’s most rewarding when you throw an epic party and everyone is having a great time.
Jon's Top 10 party planning tips:
1. Know your client
2. Understand your client’s needs
3. Be very organized
4. Have a great team
5. Have fun
6. Include everyone in the group
7. Have a lot of toys at your disposal (suites, clubs, restaurants)
8. Know the right people
9. Be flexible
10. Have fun
Jon's Top 10 party playlist:
1. Anything from DJ Zen Freeman
2. Party Rock Anthem
3. Give Me Everything
4. Lights by Ellie Goulding (Bassnectar remix)
5. Ghosts n stuff
6. Rolling in the Deep
7. My Feelings for You
8. Tiger by Maximum Balloons
9. Save the World
10. You’ve Got the Love
In my opinion, every guest of the hotel is a VIP. When a guest comes through my department, they have higher expectations, as they know my team specializes in providing the best experiences.
You’ll see some of the craziest requests I’ve had to fulfill when you watch this season of Bachelorette Party: Las Vegas!
- Season Highlights See what you've missed this season on Dance Your A** Off!
- What they look like now The contestants share their home pictures. See who's kept off the weight and who hasn't.
- Meet the Host Marissa Check out Marissa's official DYAO photogallery.
- Meet Pinky Get to know this DYAO contestant.
- Gia Meet Gia of Bad Girls Club Las Vegas.